How I wished for the Doom and Gloom

Humans are going out with a bang

On my break from weeding, I sat in the middle of the small vegetable garden, and I wished for the demise of the human race, at the age of 24. Total annihilation. A burning hatred in my chest.

The first existential crisis of mine happened while I was serving my first Vipassana course in Onalaska, Washington. Since a young age, I had deemed conservation as my purpose - to save the environment and restore bliss. But around that time, I came to realize that conservation is a lost cause. Suddenly there was not a purpose anymore. Association unclear, the weight of the world came to light. So much pain, exploitation, suffering, abuse. I looked out from the cabin onto the idyllic forest surrounding the meditation center, and saw animals bleeding in valleys and factories, humans abused for thrill, puppies beaten with a stick, trees burning, sky falling, earth cracking. 

The Reckoning was not coming soon enough. If only there was a red button...

The days I had wished for came faster than expected.

I am excited.

Comments