My new friend Chelsea

We met 2 weeks ago at the meditation center.
We are such polar opposites in so many ways. 
I'm the most American non-American you'll ever meet. 
She's as non-American an American can get.

If you thought a new relationship was tight, try finding a new friend that you click with. 

She's tall and lithe. I'm stout and clumsy. 
She has a soft voice and soft eyes. 
I'm always chop chop, out with it.

I want to have kids. She doesn't. 
She does pottery regularly. I draw and paint, when the mood hits. 

My moxies allow to do as I feel right. She treads gently, reflectively.

She is lovely, funny, vulnerable and authentic. The brightness of my personality brings her out of her shell.

I love talking to her. About anything and everything. She always has interesting things to say.

I am so happy she is my friend.

Comments